Ann Dodys is an artist/art educator who was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. Design and use of color comes naturally to Ann given her background. After earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Stratford College in Danville, Virginia, Ann began her art career in Jacksonville, Florida, creating interior and exterior wall designs for both commercial and residential spaces.
Ann has received recognition for her pottery through the Virginia craft guild as well as her painted birdhouses through Habitat for Humanity. After earning a teaching certificate from Georgia State University, Ann has taught visual art in high school, middle school and elementary school over the past twenty-five years. She recently earned a Masters in Art Education while continuing to produce unique and appealing works of art.
Ann has worked with a variety of media over the years but fell in love with pastels after participating in a workshop outside of Paris with Master Pastelist, Margaret Dyer. She exhibited her pastels at La Bonne Etoile, Fontaine-Fourches, France, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Ann's work has been selected for display in the following locations:
- Southeastern Pastel Society Juried Members Exhibition, Quinlan Gallery, Gainesville, Georgia, 2015
- The Chastain Art Center Spring Show, Atlanta, Georgia, 2015
- The Virginia Avery 4th Biennial "Reflections" Juried Exhibition, Quinlan Gallery, Gainesville, Georgia 2015
- Summer Serendipity Juried Fine Art Competition, Johns Creek Art Center, Duluth, Georgia, 2015
- Southeastern Pastel Society: Awesome Art, Juried Exhibition, Johns Creek Art Center, Duluth, Georgia 2015
- Southeastern Pastel Society 17th International Juried Exhibition, Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia 2016
- Southeastern Pastel Society Roswell Visual Arts Center Juried Exhibition, Roswell, Georgia 2016